Friday, January 9, 2009

Hospital Hell

Mrs. Forester sprung me yesterday. My 24-hour EEG became a 48-hour EEG. Unfortunately, it was a total waste of time. And very uncomfortable.

It was a bad sign when I was served chicken for my first meal. I had told them I would eat anything but chicken. I'm allergic to chicken.

I take a whole lotta, whole lotta medicine. Even though I showed up at the hospital with a typed-out detailed medication schedule, the hospital completely fucked up my "pain management." This despite spending at least 30 minutes of my intake interview with the neurology resident specifically going over my meds.

I'll spare you the gory details. I did not get any useful test results. I left very much the worse for wear.

I don't know when I've been so glad to be home.

-AF

0 comments: