Monday, September 1, 2008

In Case You Hadn't Noticed

I went AWOL for most of the summer. I was pretty far out of pocket for most of that time but the truth is more complicated.

In early June, I learned that a literal lifelong friend has end-stage cancer. I was in shock then and am still. Now I can't say that we were super-close but she has always been exceedingly generous and kind to my entire family. This person has been one of the few constants in my life. I'm also taking this so hard because I lost another such constant three years ago in a horrific car accident.

As you can imagine, my heart and mind just weren't in writing. But I've since accepted that there's nothing I can do. I have to hope for the best and get on with my life. You're never far from my thoughts, B. Godspeed.

-AF

0 comments: