Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Am S.A.D.

Someone asked me why I haven't written thus far this year. I've had a slew of posts in progress most of which I'll have to scrap as they are no longer timely. I've finally recovered from the holidays and the inevitable resulting cold/flu. (Damn those kids running amok coated with kid germs!) So what gives?

For the past two weeks the days have been mostly dark here in the valley. I'm super-sensitive to light. Too much light and I'm extremely uncomfortable. But at least this I can control by flipping a switch or donning my shades. Too little light, specifically day light, is another thing altogether. Living in the Northeast as I do, January and February can be very tough sledding. I suffer greatly from S.A.D.

S.A.D. or Seasonal Affective Disorder. Yep, I have the dreaded winter blues. Light therapy has proven effective for many. One of these years I'll be able to afford the requisite light box. This is not the year.

I can't afford a light box. WAHHHHHHH!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled lives.

WAHHHHHHH!

I'll dig my way out of this. I always do.

AF

0 comments: