Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Andy Ostroy Sez: "Hillary Should Quit."

Dear Hillary:
What happened? No really, what the fuck just happened to you? I can't for the life of me figure out how a once-promising presidential campaign -- a sure thing for Pete's sake -- turned into a pathetic embarrassment?
My feelings exactly. Read the rest here.

I admire Andy Ostroy tons. He's not only an smart cat but he's also the husband of one of my all-time fave actors, the late Adrienne Shelly. (For the most part I act like a tough guy but it's because I can't help shed a tear watching her films that I haven't yet seen her directorial debut Waitress). For those of you unfamiliar with Shelly's work, run (don't walk) wherever you get yer DVDs and grab the astonishing Hal Hartley-directed The Unbelievable Truth (and Trust if you can find it).

In memory of Adrienne, Andy has set up The Adrienne Shelly Foundation. The Foundation's goal is to provide support for female actors, writers and directors. A very worthy cause I endorse it without reservation. Please donate what you can here.

-AF

0 comments: